Scotlands Boarding Hostel
Boarding at New Plymouth Girls’ High School’s Scotlands Hostel provides a caring and supportive environment where students are encouraged to do well academically and participate fully in the sporting, cultural and social life of the school.
Features of life at Scotlands:
- Warm, caring and secure environment.
- Modern complex; motel style units.
- Full access to school grounds and facilities beyond the school day.
- 150 boarders - Years 9 to 13.
- Excellent staff/student ratio and active 24-hour care.
- Homework supervised by a trained teacher. Tuition in time-management and study skills that contributes towards excellent academic results.
- Clear guidelines with a degree of flexibility for meeting individual needs.
- Active and supportive extra-curricular programme.
- High expectations of courtesy and acceptable behaviour.
- Leadership opportunities and training.
- Increased independence encouraged at all levels.
- Year 13 House provides an opportunity for a “flatting” experience in a supportive, well equipped environment.
- Rich and diverse cultures.
- Boarders make a notable cultural, academic, social, sporting and leadership contribution to the life of the school.
- The independence, maturity and lifelong friendships that boarding encourages are excellent foundations for adult life.
Dates for your diaryThe Hostel will re-open on Sunday 29 January 2017 for the following students at times given.
- Year 13 - 12 noon-2pm (time to settle in before year 9s arrive)
- Year 9 - 2pm-4pm (parents will need to leave by 5pm)
- Monday 30 January - Year 12 return to the hostel by 5pm.
- Tuesday 31 January - Year 11 return to the hostel by 5pm.
- Wednesday 1 February - Year 10 return to the hostel by 5pm.
- Other important dates for 2017
- Monday 6 February - Waitangi Day
- Thursday 23 February - Swimming Sports
- Wednesday 1 March - Athletic Sports
- Friday 10 March - Goal Setting Day
- Monday 13 March - Taranaki Anniversary Day
- Friday 24 March Teacher Only Day
- Thurs 13 April - Hostel Closes 4pm End of Term 1
- Sunday 30 April - Hostel Opens 2pm
- Thursday 11 May - Learning conferences - 4-7pm
- Friday 12 May - Learning conferences - 9-3
- Term 1 Mon 30 Jan - Thurs 13 April
- Term 2 Mon 1 May - Fri 7 July
- Term 3 Mon 24 July - Fri 29 Sept
- Term 4 Mon 16 Oct - Tues 12 Dec
Lorraine Collier - Hostel Manager
Phone: 06 757-3840
Fax: 06 758-5641
|Scotlands Hostel Application Form (PDF)||View|
|Scotlands Hostel Boarding Fees (PDF)||View|
|Scotlands Hostel Handbook (PDF)||View|
|Scotlands Hostel Newsletter||View|